Lightroom 9.0 was released in early November and while it doesn’t include many major new features, the few that are present have been on customers ‘ask list’ for a lengthy period. Also, and unlike version 8.0 this new version will upgrade your catalog.
The new Fill Edges feature uses Content-Aware technology to automatically fill the blank edges of your panoramic photos. The feature is available in both Panorama Merge Preview/HDR Panorama Merge Preview dialog.
More details on Panorama Merge in general can be found in this link to an Adobe online tutorial – Create Panoramas and HDR Panoramas
With Multi-batch Export you can perform multiple exports jobs in parallel were each job has it’s own specific combinations of export settings (e.g. resize, rename sharpening, etc.)
- You can Export with Multiple Presets by selecting the checkboxes in Export Dialog, i.e. multiple exports in single export session.
- You can select export presets exporting to Hard-Drive for multiple exports in single export session.
- Export with Multiple Presets is also supported for Export with Previous.
- Even checking a single preset in Export dialog will work as Export with Multiple Presets. Selecting a preset (highlighting) works as it did in earlier versions.
Filter Folders and Collections based on Colour Label
You can now filter your folders, collections, collection sets, and smart collections based on the colour label assigned to them. The procedure is:
- In the search bar of at the top of the Folders or Collections panel, click the search button (magnifier)
- Choose Color Labels for the drop-down menu and select the colour you want to filter on.
Export develop presets and preset groups
Starting with this release, you can now export a custom preset or a custom preset group from Lightroom Classic.
- Navigate to the Develop module.
- In the Presets panel, select the preset or preset group that you want to export.
- Do one of the following:
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (macOS) the preset and choose Export.
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (macOS) the preset group and choose Export Group.
- Specify the file name and click Save.
Other Changes and Enhancements
With GPU acceleration enabled, the post-crop vignette effect will be live previewed while cropping.
Clear history above selected step
With this release, there is an option to clear the history above the selected step in the History panel. To clear history above a particular step, do the following:
- Select the step in the History panel above which you want to clear the history.
- Right-click (Win) or Control-click (macOS) the selected step and select Clear History Above This Step.
With Lightroom Classic 9.0, when you perform any edit on an image with an older Process Version (3 or 4), its process version will be updated to Process Version 5 (current) automatically.
With this release, you can remove multiple selected images in Loupe view in Library/Develop module using SHIFT + DELETE.
Keyword performance improvements
With this release, you should see improved performance with Keyword List and Keywording panel, specially at launch and when selecting multiple images.
macOS Sierra (10.12.x) is no longer supported. The minimum macOS version supported is now macOS High Sierra (10.13.0).
- You will not be able to install Lightroom Classic 9.0 or later builds on macOS Sierra (10.12.x).
- If you are using macOS Sierra (10.12.x), Adiobe recommend that you update your OS to at least macOS High Sierra.
- Windows 10 v1703 and v1709 are no longer supported. The minimum Windows 10 version supported is now Windows 10 v1607 or v1803 (or later).
- You will not be able to install Lightroom Classic 9.0 or later builds on Windows 10 v1703 and v1709.
- If you are using Windows 10 v1703 or v1709, Adobe recommend that you update your OS to at least Windows v1803.
Support for New Cameras & Lenses
For a full list of supported cameras and lens profiles for Lightroom desktop and Lightroom for mobile (iOS and Android), see these resources: