This release of Lightroom Classic CC adds new features and enhancements, support for new cameras and lenses, and bug fixes. Full details of what’s new and fixed in Lightroom 7.5 can be found on the application support page
The new features most likely to attract customer attention are in the Book module. They include the ability to customise pages plus two new book types (i.e. Blurb Magazine and Trade Books). There is also for importing Presets and Profiles, and HEIC support in Windows.
Blurb Book Styles
The new book styles can be accessed from the the Book Settings panel as top right corner of Book module.
New Paper Type
By popular request, Adobe have also added Blurb’s Layflat paper.
- In the ‘Book Settings’ panel, select Book as ‘Blurb Photo Book’
- In the ‘Paper Type’ drop-down list, you can choose from Premium Lustre, Premium Matte, ProLine Uncoated, ProLine Pearl Photo, Standard, and the newly introduced Standard Layflat. When using Standard Layflat, the minimum page count is 33 due to the binding requirements. The minimum page count for all other paper types is 20.
Other Book enhancements include:
- Select where page numbers are printed on a book, including on only left or right pages, or all pages.
- Customise cells within a page.
- Add Photo Border.
- Add multiple cells on a page, move specific cells to the front or back and drag the cell exactly where you want it.
Upload Presets and Profiles in bulk
You can now import multiple presets or profiles in a zip file into Lightroom Classic. Do the following:
- Navigate to the Develop module.
- From the menu bar, choose File > Import Develop Profiles and Presets.
- In the Presets panel, click the plus (+) icon at the upper-right corner and choose Import Presets from the menu.
- In the Basic panel, click the ( ) Show Profile Browser icon in the Profile area.
- In Profile Browser, click the plus (+) icon at the upper-left corner and choose Import Profiles from the menu.
Camera and Lens Support
Details on Camera and Lens support by Lightroom Classic can be found on following pages
More details of this release along with upcoming releases for mobile devices can be read here.